POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a stupid user...? : Re: Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library_Path in Povray.ini - A bug, a feature, or just a
From: Jo Lannig
Date: 21 Jan 2003 20:14:50
Message: <3e2df08a$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > Rendering any file with these settings results in this messages:
> > [...]
> > Possible Command Line Error: Could not open INI file 'Alpha'.
> > Parsing Options
> >   Input file: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jochen\Eigene
> > Dateien\POV-Ray\Scenes\Test 01.pov (compatible to version 3.5)
> >   Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
> >   Library paths: C:\Programme\POV-Ray\renderer
> >     C:\Programme\POV-Ray\INCLUDE C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
> > [...]
> Ah, OK, I think I found what is wrong.  Include paths in povray.ini are
not
> be searched.  This will be fixed in POV-Ray 3.51.

Uh, to be honest, I have no clue what you mean... ;-)
But why DOES it work if I specify the library path somewhere else instead of
povray.ini, e.g. quickres.ini, which is called immediately after povray.ini
(at least according to my File Monitor)? OK, for now that is some kind of
work-around I can live with... ;-)

> > Sorry, for whatever reason my reply started as a new thread...
> > I'd better use a newsreader instead of the web interface... ;-)
> No, you didn't start a new thread.  It is just displayed a bit differently
> based on the subject line only in the web interface.  And that is somehow
> cut off at the end.  In newsreaders it will still be shown as thread
> correctly as they use a different way to match threads (only the good
> newsreaders of course).

Realized that after trying Outlook Express (ok, I know that is absolutely
NOT what you meant with "good newsreaders"... <g>). Sorry, anyway... ;-)

And thnx for your really quick answers - the speed of light isn't a limit
for you, is it...? ;-)

Bye,
Jo

--